We offer full microbiological and indoor air quality assessment services, inspections and general consulting in OH&S as this relates to microbiological contamination and/or chemical hazardous waste remediation for which we specialise. As a general guide, our fees are as follows :
1. Viable petri plate sampling and typing to Genus and Species where possible: $99 + gst each (PDA, MEA, SDA, NA, CHROM, HB, etc. using our plates, or $89 if using yours). Discounted Comprehensive IAQ/Inspection package prices available for 2, 3, 4, 5+ bedroom homes/apartments/residential and commercial properties. In general, inspections will only assess the habitability of the airspace within the room volume/s and selected surfaces that may be suspected to be mould or water damaged. Companion assessments within walls, ceilings or at subfloor level is normally a seperate set of tests and are distinguishable as 'habitable room risk' versus 'structural component risks'. Additional costs will depend on the number of samples and what the objective of the assessment is trying to address. Call for an estimate on price: 1300 13 23 50 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Indoor air quality particle counting: $60 + gst per sample/room/area/volume each. ATP Swab hygiene testing: $45 + gst each
3. Report Preparation/Consultation/Comparison of Data Sets: $450 p/hr + gst. Urgent, technical or other complicated analytical work (lab or desktop) is charged at a premium of $500 p/hr.
4. Faster turnaround time (TAT) on spore traps and tape lifts is possible depending on the job and any other time constraints, but will attract a premium of 50-100% the cost for normal report preparation
5. Expert Witness Consultation: $500 p/hr + gst.
6. Please note that modification of our standard lab reports to satisfy specific legal requirements and/or the provision of additional information such as costed scope of works, reference to other data, comparisons, amendments or answers to specific questions or unique formatting of reports is an additional fee per unit time.
7. Infra Red Thermography/Leak Detection: $990 + gst per report and site inspection
8. Microscopic air-o-cell counts or bio tape lifts: $99 + gst each using our media, or $89 + gst ea. if using yours
9. Phone calls, out of hours calls, weekend calls, other consulting/expert advice/other written or verbal opinion/quotations/liaison with the client, other trades, consultants/agents, desktop review/opinion of legal proceedings, etc. charged in 15-min blocks as part of our hourly fee of $450 + gst per hour.
10. Phone consultations available and particularly suited to follow up after any of our mail order lab reports. Book a time at:
11. Expert witness appearance fees charged ONLY in full day blocks of $4000 + gst plus preparation time in 15-min blocks as part of our hourly fee + gst. 1/2 day blocks at $2000 + gst refers ONLY to cases heard in the 'morning' or 'afternoon' and equivalent spanning periods where there is a requirement for expert attendance but no expectation of cross-examination. This is normally relevant for directions hearings. In the event that hearing or tribunal schedules are anticipated to run over multiple days, then the client will be charged the full day fee regardless of actual appearance times. This is due to being reasonably absent from professional places of business/lost work for other projects and the requirement that calendar schedules are blocked off for hearing attendance often some time in advance. If I as an expert have blocked off time for attendance/s and the matter is adjourned and/or mediated/settled prior to 14-days, then the full anticipated rate will be levied to the client for payment. Payment is required in full prior to attendance and/or secured by a written authority with your solicitors' trust account.
12. Parking, taxis, meals, accommodation, travel/airfares, insurances as required and detailed/negotiated. Commercial car parking fees are extra to quoted prices and always apply in the CBD or where the van can't easily be parked.
13. There is no call-out fee for booked inspections within 30 minutes of the CBD. Service provision outside of this radius attracts call-out fees which are generally at $100+gst per/hr in addition to quoted prices.
14. A guide to our Service Terms & Conditions is available from our page titled “Service Terms“ and you agree to accept all such T&C’s as part of any sampling, lab testing, remediation and reporting works you may engage us for.
15. These fees subject to change without notice. Accurate as at October 2019.