Mould can occur anywhere inside a building interior when moisture and temperature conditions as well as a food source are present. The presence of mould has been linked to a wide range of health affects including allergic reactions and other respiratory problems like asthma. Some moulds also produce mycotoxins that are known to cause neurological problems. Prolonged daily exposure can be particularly harmful.
Many common building materials can support mould growth. They reproduce by spores and these can be carried on air currents around the indoor environment, spreading the contamination.
Mould growth is typically a problem when water and moisture occurs indoors. This is a common result of incomplete drying of flooring materials like carpet and concrete, flooding, leaking roofs, building maintenance problems and indoor plumbing problems.
After a single incident of water damage, like a flood or defect in plumbing fixtures or fittings, mould can grow inside walls and then become dormant until a subsequent incident of high humidity causes the mould to reappear.
Biological Health Services provide a complete bio-decontamination protocol for treating mouldy building interiors. We specialise in cleaning and removing mould in Melbourne and regional Victoria. The method uses mobile decontamination equipment designed to provide an extremely fine aerosol solution that provides a dry-contact disinfection control as well as reaching inaccessible and hard to reach areas. The method does not damage walls, floors, furnishings or ceilings and is safe to the environment.
The method disinfects against live mould and spores and then allows the interior to be safely cleaned.
All our methods are based on the IICRC Standards and the Australian Mould Guideline as well as other international Standards and methods. Feel free to ask us why and how our methods work.